Key Questions regarding the Shape of the Surface that we Live upon
Over and over again, visitors of my website try to convince me that the surface that we live upon is part of a disk, and not of sphere. For them, I present here seven key questions:
- How does the disk model explain lunar and solar eclipses, both full and partial?
- How does the disk model explain the so-called Coriolis effect?
- How does the disk model explain direct flights from Sydney, Australia to Santiago, Chile in about 12½ hours with a normal airliner?
- How does the disk model explain the rotated face of the moon viewed for example from Europe versus for example from Australia?
- How does the disk model explain the counter-clockwise (or anti-clockwise) rotation of the stars around the North Pole celestial point, and the clockwise rotation of the stars around the South Pole celestial point?
- How does the disk model explain the fact that the stars in the middle of the night sky above the Southern hemisphere cannot be seen from the Northern hemisphere and vise versa?
- How does the disk model explain the increase of twilight duration the further we are away from the equator?
Do NOT contact me about all sorts of (alleged) anomalies of the sphere model, if you do not have adequate answers to each of these seven key questions.
The video embedded below is an excerpt from episode 13 of Pateo TV. This episode was live broadcast on September 3rd, 2015. I made this video back in 2015 hoping that it would put an end to the “Flat Earth Religion”. Boy, was I wrong!
- [link] Audio (2 hours): Radio Talk on the Shape of Terra
This article is written by Johan Oldenkamp. It is also available in German.
© Pateo.NL : This page was last updated on 2017/03/27.